• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Flagbearer - Trial Moderator Application
World Server Staff Application

Basic Information
Byond Account: The Flagbearer
Character Name(s): Bear Flagg, Sayoko Sakakihara, Ataahua Te Awa
Discord username + tag: V(Flag) #2482
Timezone: -5:00 EST
Usual Activity Times?: 12pm - 3am || Monday, Wednesday // 12pm-4pm, 12am-3am || Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday

Experience
How long have you played SS13?: 13 years
How long have you played on World Server: 8 months
Do you have any experience moderating for an SS13 server?: Several years of moderator and admin experience. Colonial Marines Alpha, Old Sandbox servers, SS13 Modifications, and other servers that have been lost to time.
Have you ever been banned, and if so, how long and why?: Not on World.

Personal Questions
Why do you play SS13?: I've spent more time playing SS13 than I have going through puberty. SS13 is a part of me now. I've learned so much from playing this game, both intellectually and emotionally. Every SS13 experience is different and it is constant source of joy for me.
What makes World Server appealing??: I enjoy the community moreso than any other server I've played on. I also enjoy the persistent experience and the ability to build (and break) bonds across rounds. It's great to be able to have an impact on the gameplay experience.
Why do you want to be on staff?: I've learned that the server could use an extra hand with moderating the server and I'm available at odd hours that can't be covered by some mods or mins.

Staff Team Specific Questions
Which Staff Team are you applying for?: OOC/Administrative
Which position are you applying for?: Trial Moderator
What does this staff team do?: Moderators ensure the rules are being followed by players and that a welcoming environment is maintained. As the name suggests, they moderate - making sure that any problems are dealt with professionally and that all parties involved are adequately tended to.
Why would you be a good fit?: I have several years of experience and I'm very familiar with the admin tools of SS13. I've also grown accustomed to which verbs to use and how to use them since I host my own copy of the server when developing. On the more social side, I'm never too quick to anger - and when I do end up tilted, I don't act out on my anger in ridiculous ways by throwing tantrums or hurling abuse. That helps no one.

Anything Else You Want to Add: Available hours subject to change due to Coronavirus. I will notify a higher up if a large shift in my schedule occurs.
Accepted for Trial.