Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player Complaint - CarsonEagle & friends
This isn't a very loaded complaint, so please bare with me.

The player in question, CarsonEagle, has intentionally attempted to rouse me on OOC platforms for minor IC grievances. I believe he has also sought out others to join him as there are currently multiple individuals involved in similar behaviors. 

[Image: 17g5Htx.png]

[Image: B23nNfB.png]

Mind you, Abstract's character has never interacted with mine beyond the point of him plotting to "do a terrorism" against Preston. For no reason at all, seeing as they've never spoken otherwise. 

I'm not opposed to in-game conflict. In fact, it is what makes World Server so lively. Though, he has brought it to the extent of deliberately spreading malicious rumors about my character, which I have to answer for. This wouldn't be an issue if it weren't the same exact thing he was saying IC, constantly. 

[Image: GqSX6RV.png]

[Image: U5773P6.png]

[Image: TOgCbcl.png]

I've attempted to contact CarsonEagle on occasion for elaboration, to no avail. It should be noted that Patel and Knight never had contact prior to these allegations. It was... very random. And almost feels like metagrudge, since it nearly got me permabrigged once for "collaborating with a terrorist" (more false allegations 4no raisin)

This is in addition to multiple OOC comments between him and Deinous about wanting to kill Preston, which I do not have screenshots for, though he was verbally warned by a member of staff not to do (I can't recall which one)

I'd be fine if it was all kept in-character. But this is beyond the point of uncomfortable. I'm not sure what specific rules are infringed upon here. Just want it to stop.
[img]blob:https://imgur.com/1ee75748-69e3-4671-8b1a-8cfef98b68d3[/img][img]blob:https://imgur.com/1ee75748-69e3-4671-8b1a-8cfef98b68d3[/img][Image: xYqRNA6.png]
I'm going to have to support this complaint, though most is likely pointed towards the '& friends' part of this. I've been noticing quite a few people targeting Preston as well, and from what I've seen, not many of them have really made contact. The most contact I've seen was over OOC. I especially recall a certain player saying that they were going to get Preston busted some day, and I know for a fact that there hasn't been that much interaction. This is also similar to the player Abstract's actions, and when I see these two players try to do something about it in-game, their Rp breaks somewhat.

I'm also getting a little annoyed (Although it may have passed over by now, I haven't been on all that recently) with this break of terroristic characters that have been showing up. It was fun when it started, but with it lengthened out like this (Although, this isn't against CarsonEagle, since from what I've heard Arthur is done for), it's frankly starting to get annoying.
Right, a good question I need to ask the reportees.

Where did the rumors come from? Was it IC'ly forged by yourself/yourselves? Did someone tell you? Is there RP included? etc. And why this character specifically? (since the player says they have never interacted with the reportees before the incidents.)

I understand in a world like World Server's, people's characters may be held up to scrunity, get set up, et cetera, as part of the IC roleplay experience. But I believe it's the lack of interaction with the character and/or player before making a mass conspiracy which is what brings this into question.
Yeah no this was just a joke, in no shape or form was it meant to harass or be harmful. I'm sorry if it came off on that way, It was 4 am when I made that meme so yeah, sorry.
(09-16-2019, 11:34 PM)CarsonEagle Wrote: Yeah no this was just a joke, in no shape or form was it meant to harass or be harmful. I'm sorry if it came off on that way, It was 4 am when I made that meme so yeah, sorry.

It's not the meme that was the issue per-se. It's a variety of things. Please see:

1. An IC rumor was made up about the character (which is fair enough), but there was no build up or interaction to this character's political smear.
  2. This was encouraged through IC means to other characters that incited a lynchmob and a conspiracy. 
  3. This resulted in the character being put into perma or ganked on several occasions.
This particular character had no interaction with you, wasn't president/political cabinet. You understand where I'm going with this, right?

Can you let me know why it was this character specifically?
Speaking as a member of Blackout, the IC group that formed around these rumors, I would like to testify that I did not have any OOC contact or such. All interactions that I had regarding the rumors were IC, and so were my decisions. My character believed the rumors and transcript due to his own doubts about the Knight presidency (especially it’s treatment of synthetics) and how closely the Patels were tied to it, which prompted his own entry into Blackout.

Even if the initial transcript was a lie, I feel like it was at least in part RPed well, if not by the initial source, then by those who passed it on and those in opposition.
(09-18-2019, 03:55 PM)TheMaskedReader Wrote: Speaking as a member of Blackout, the IC group that formed around these rumors, I would like to testify that I did not have any OOC contact or such. All interactions that I had regarding the rumors were IC, and so were my decisions. My character believed the rumors and transcript due to his own doubts about the Knight presidency (especially it’s treatment of synthetics) and how closely the Patels were tied to it, which prompted his own entry into Blackout.

Even if the initial transcript was a lie, I feel like it was at least in part RPed well, if not by the initial source, then by those who passed it on and those in opposition.

This wasn't about you. It's about CarsonEagle and a select group of individuals who did  have OOC contact and intent.

I'd have to politely disagree that it was roleplayed well, at least from what I've been exposed to (CarsonEagle and Deionus). There was potential for meaningful/entertaining interaction but it was instead used to powergame and end rounds. And again, the question remains, what would a sixteen year old realistically have to do with an election - as opposed to his father?
[img]blob:https://imgur.com/1ee75748-69e3-4671-8b1a-8cfef98b68d3[/img][img]blob:https://imgur.com/1ee75748-69e3-4671-8b1a-8cfef98b68d3[/img][Image: xYqRNA6.png]
I saw my name mentioned here, what yall want
(09-16-2019, 11:34 PM)CarsonEagle Wrote: Yeah no this was just a joke, in no shape or form was it meant to harass or be harmful. I'm sorry if it came off on that way, It was 4 am when I made that meme so yeah, sorry.

Oh well specifically due to the fact the character and more importantly his family were closely linked to the President and his cabinet. This was all to start trouble and get the people on Knight's side, whether his cause was just or not.
CarsonEagle was given an official warning for this behaviour however has not been active recently, Deionus's police ban had this complaint as a factor.

Can we confirm from OP if these behaviours are ongoing?